Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Jon (as always) knows best

Once again, the Daily Show last night proved why the fake news is more believable and informative than the real news. Jon Stewart summed up the circular logic that has gotten us into this downward spiral of violence in Iraq:

Jon Stewart: As I've been watching TV the past couple of days and I've seen the disturbing photos out of Abu Ghraib prison and then yesterday to see this videotape, just absolutely despicable videotape, a horrible act, it really occurred to me that no matter how hard we try, we cannot out-psychopath al queda, it just can't be done, I mean we do things, that in this country we go, "Oh my god. How could we do that?" and then those guys go, "Oh, you think that's something?"...(long pause).... So....... Yikes....


Yeah, yikes indeed. For both sides AND everyone helplessly stuck in the middle.